The Team Leader Field Monitors is responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient monitoring of the delivery, distribution, documentation, and field level reporting associated with TPM project through management and support of the field monitors across the different locations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Team Leader Field Monitors with be tasked to:
• Is responsible to assure accurate consistent and reliable recording and reporting system at the relevant sites.
• Has the responsibility to supervise and follow the field monitors and assure to maintain the schedule in coordination with the relevant colleagues.
• Ensure active participation in the data verification/cross-check (data consistency at Health Facility (HF) level and field/community level data verification/validation) as per TORs of TPM and validated monitoring tools.
Supervision and Monitoring:
• Under the technical supervision/support of Project Manager, the team leader is responsible for planning implementation, supervision and monitoring/evaluation of TPM in the project.
• He/she is also responsible for logistic arrangements to assure that the team is able to implement agreed working plan of the field monitoring in consultation with relevant focal person (including security).
• Act as a liaison between the field team and the assigned HF as needed.
• Preparation of weekly, monthly plan.
• Supervision and inspection of field monitors at field level on random and regular basis.
• Ensure all the activities under this scope of work mentioned under WB TPM are properly documented.
• In coordination with other technical staff of the project, identify of staff training needs (Basic Refresher).
• When needed, support the field monitors team in their duty and responsibility in terms of vaccine cold chain monitoring and quality monitoring at the vaccination sites.
• Support the recruitment and retention of the field monitors.
• Support the project manager to conduct regular performance appraisal of the field monitors team.
• Real time reporting of any concerns with regards to gender or SEA/SH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
Undergraduate studies in public health or social sciences field, or administration – Required
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a similar position in the field – Required
- Track record of managing humanitarian teams in complex humanitarian setting – Required
- Experience in communication, coordination, planning and reporting – Required
- Experience in monitoring immunization programs is preferable – Preferred
- Experience working in the humanitarian Sector – Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Good communication and reporting skills. Knowledge of use of tablets and electronic questionnaires – Required
- Pro-active and highly organized, planning skills, Flexibility, Analytical thinking – Required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) – Required
- Experience in managing a team – Required
- Excellent communication skills – Required
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality – Required
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple task – Required
- Valid Drivers’ license – Required
- Good spoken and written in Arabic and English – Required
Competencies and Values
- Managing staff performance
- building trust.