The Social Specialist is responsible for monitoring the fulfilment of social requirements and for formulating relevant recommendations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
A. Technical support, quality implementation and capacity building to Iraq IFRC country office
a. Develop and update training guidelines and capacity building modules based on the TPM ToR and Iraq NDVP.
b. Continue training the National Field monitors on the use of agreed monitoring tools and training materials.
c. Provide technical support as needed to the TPM team to ensure quality implementation.
B. Monitoring, evaluation and capturing learning
a. Develop and update the monitoring tools based on the TPM ToR and Iraq NVDP.
b. Work closely with PMER to analyse data and contribute to the daily, weekly and monthly monitoring reports.
c. Contribute to the development, design, update of monitoring app and dashboards to accurate data for effective implementation and management.
d. Data analysis and recommend appropriate actions to be followed to assure timely delivery of the ToR.
e. Develop and document good practices and lessons learned and ensure guidance note adapted to Iraq context.
C. Coordination and working groups.
a. Participate in the meeting with WB, joint monitoring committee (JMC), MoPH external stakeholders and internal meeting related to the project including debriefing with the field monitors.
D. Provide advice and support to monitor the covid-19 vaccine cold chain management in line with international regulation and Iraq NVDP.
E. Support the performance of COVID-19 vaccination TPM Iraq risk assessment and development of a set of risk mitigation actions plan.
F. Provide guidance to ensure the appropriate technical support to the TPM Iraq Project.
G. Support the recruitment as needed
H. Suggest additional next steps for the TPM monitoring
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Degree in public health or equivalent (MD, nursing, public health, occupational health & safety, medical laboratory science, community health) – Required
- Masters in public health – Required
- At least 7 years of experience implementing immunization/ vaccine cold chain management program’s at regional, global, or country level – Required
- Demonstrated experience in operationalizing health program or in the strengthening of health systems – Required
- Prior experience in surveillance and monitoring of public health programs is a requirement. Experience in monitoring immunization programs is preferable. Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience – Required
- Familiar with red Cross and red Crescent principles – Preferred
- Experience of managing large vaccination campaigns at global, regional or country level with demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision. Demonstrated prior leadership roles preferred – Preferred
- Experience in designing training plans, training tools and imparting field level training – Preferred
- Prior Experience in Real Time monitoring of field-based health activities, preferably related to immunization – Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical, Interpersonal skills along with strong interpersonal relations and teamwork skills – Required
- Pro-active and highly organized, planning skills, Flexibility, Analytical thinking – Required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) – Required
- Demonstrated capacity and experience to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality – Required
- Good spoken and written in English – Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (Arabic) – Required
Competencies and Values
Communication – Collaboration – Teamwork- Creativity and Innovation – Building trust.