JOB TITLE Livelihood project Manager- IRCS
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT: Mosul (Ninewa governorate)
The Project Manager will act as the focal point for all managerial aspects of the project “Supporting the rehabilitation efforts in the northern Ninewa region by increasing the resilience of conflict affected populations with livelihood measures” funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development implemented by the IRCS with the GRC’s support and ensure efficient, effective, coordinated, and timely implementation. This includes support of IRCS technical staff and close collaboration and coordination with Movement partners, and networking at the programmatic level within the broader humanitarian network.
The PM will work under the supervision of the IRCS Disaster Management Department Unit and in close collaboration with the GRC team in Iraq and will be based in Mosul with frequent travel to the project implementation sites.
The Project Manager will be responsible for following up the project implementation, support, guidance, and quality control in planning, performance, and monitoring of the BMZ project activities in Ninewa, Iraq. A strong focus will be on monitoring
project implementation and reporting as well as supporting the preparation and implementation of assessments as well as cooperation with local authorities, communities and stakeholders
- Internally, interacts with IRCS colleagues at the HQ, IRCS Mosul branch and sub-offices level. Also interact with GRC country office team
- Externally, interacts with stakeholders, suppliers/contractors, Banks, NGOs. upon request from the direct supervisor.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Always respects and observes staff regulations and security rules
- Always represents the IRCS and GRC in a professional manner
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees, IRCS and the GRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Provide technical and managerial support to assess, plan, implement, monitor, and report the supported activities and operations to IRCS Mosul branch and HQ and GRC team in Iraq.
- In close coordination with the GRC team, enhance the planning, set up and implementation of monitoring activities (including design of PMER – Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting – tools where necessary).
- Monitor and follow up the activities through regular field trips to implementation area as the security situation allows.
- Follow up on challenges and opportunities for implementing planned activities and coordinate the mitigation and adaptation with IRCS and GRC.
- Report projects progress internally to IRCS and to GRC accordingly.
- Support the GRC team in monitoring financial and operational processes.
- Ensure that IRCS and GRC quality standards are kept and documented.
- In accordance with GRC staff provide monthly narrative and financial updates.
- Provide effective coordination and communication with the sub-offices, local authorities, communities, and stakeholders on programs issues.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
- Support the GRC Country team in tasks related to the BMZ activities, GRC operations, security, and human resources management according to need.
- Contribute to internal and external communication about the project and the contextin general, including visibility in the project activities where possible.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and agreements to minimize the risk of harm to the IRCS and GRC and its personnel, properties, and resources. Special attention is to be given to compliance with procurement procedures and standards.
- Respects and observes staff regulations of the IRCS & GRC in Iraq
- Performs duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to other departments when necessary
Certifications / Education required & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related fieldis essential. Preferable with master’s degree in management of humanitarian field (livelihoods development)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- At least 2 years working experience in the field of Livelihoods and Development Project in protracted crises.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and proven expertise in livelihoods projects management.
- Minimum of 2 years and proven experience in designing and implementing PMER tools and mechanisms.
- Experience working for a Red Cross Red Crescent, NGO, or international organization is an asset
- Fluency command of English and Arabic
Technical knowledge about community-based programming in a fragile context is an asset
- Ability to work independently, highly solutions-oriented and as a team player
- Proficient in MS office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams.)
How to Apply :
By sending CV to Email address below :
The last date to apply for the job is 9/29/2022