JOB TITLE: Program Quality Officer
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT: Baghdad
The key role of the Program Quality Officer will be to provide effective quality assurance to the Iraq country program to ensure compliance with organizational policies and strategies and the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), including strong partnership relationships and a responsive Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM).
- Interacts with GRC colleagues at the country, regional, and headquarters level
- Interacts with IRCS, other stakeholders; affected people, NGOs. upon request from their direct supervisor.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the GRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and always observes staff regulations and security rules
- Always represents GRC in a professional manner
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the GRC
- Respects and observes staff regulations of the GRC in Iraq
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position holder is responsible for the quality control and assurance tasks, carrying out most of the assigned tasks independently. However, guidance and support from the HQ and the regional office will always be available when required. The position holder is ultimately responsible for the correct and timely execution of all tasks.
Support the implementation of high qualitative programming
In coordination with the MEAL unit at HQ and Iraq project management, integrate quality monitoring processes based on program implementation, including internal and external reviews of program quality;
- Provide training and advice to the GRC and IRCS team on MEAL and qualitative programming.
- Support program team during the design phase of the project cycle to ensure partners (IRCS) are consulted and actively engaged.
- Adhere to the standards outlined in MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) and Project agreement.
- Compile data for narrative quarterly reports based on funding source/donor. Contribute to collect and provide data for the planning of new activities for the preparation of new proposals.
- Liaise closely with the IRCS departments to prepare presentations and graphic reports on GRC supported activities based on donor requirements.
- Undertake translation activities when required.
- Support GRC’s work by undertaking other tasks as appropriate and required.
Support the integration of the GRC’s Commitments, Actions and Responsibilities under established logframes and Project agreements across the Country Program
- Support the Program management and IRCS MEAL department to establish, monitor and, when required, adapt processes to ensure assistance is appropriate to the needs of individuals and communities supported
- Support the Program Management and MEAL department to extract and utilize evidence and learning from monitoring and evaluations to adapt and improve programs
- Assess and advice program teams on the quality and appropriateness of communication, participation and feedback to beneficiaries and communities
- Supports the effective and efficient implementation and functionality of Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM)
- Assists IRCS (Iraqi Red Crescent Society) and project staff and beneficiaries in the periodic review, implementation, and monitoring of complaints-handling processes.
- Develops, reviews, and distributes communication materials on how the complaint mechanism can be accessed and the scope of issues it can address.
- In coordination with relevant IRCS staff, manage complaints in a timely, fair, and appropriate manner that prioritizes the safety of the complainant and those affected at all stages
- Design and conducts internal and external training on the CRM to ensure it is well understood by all staff and to promote an organizational culture in which complaints are taken seriously and acted upon.
Support the Development and strengthening bilateral Partnership with IRCS and coordination with other RCRC movement partners in country
- Ensure partnership relationships are governed by clear and consistent MOUs (Memorandum of Understanding) and Agreements that respect each partner’s mandate, obligations, and independence, and recognize respective constraints and commitments.
- Provide training, mentoring and capacity support to partners on the Core Humanitarian Standards and Project policies.
- Coordinate with Program, and finance teams to provide training, mentoring and capacity support to partners in areas and functions in which both parties have agreed to strengthen
- Understands the components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Always applies the security rules
- Respects and observes staff regulations of the GRC & IRCS in Iraq
- Performs duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to other departments when necessary
Certifications / Education required
- Bachelor-level degree in Social Sciences or related field is preferred.
- Relevant Diplomas and short courses
- 3-5 years’ work experience in RC/RC movement, NGOs or equivalent with a focus on MEAL and quality assurance.
- Demonstrable experience in the implementation and training of others.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills in English and Arabic.
- Rigorous and trustful person
- Strong analytical skills, report writing skills, facilitation skills, team building and coordination
- Demonstrable capacity to work under strictly confidentiality conditions.
- Ability to work towards achieving objectives and results.
- Ability to convince and gain acceptance.
- Ability to be solution oriented
- Collaborates well with others and supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and is firm and reliable
- Advanced skills in computer productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Skills and understanding of Data collections tools (Kobo, ODK)
How to Apply :
By sending CV to Email address below :
The last date to apply for the job is 10/10/2022