The Information Management and Data Analysis Assistant is responsible for supporting the adaptation and maintenance of the digital data collection and platform to the needs of the monitoring assignment. The Assistant is expected to support the design and implementation of activities mainly related to the TPM project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Data Management and Analysis
- Support the identification and adoption of appropriate tools to process large amounts of raw data as well as the preparation of data set codebooks for use by support researchers.
- Use coding frameworks for the analysis of qualitative data collected by the project.
- Support the design and implementation of a suitable and scalable data repository platform.
- Contribute and improve the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments.
- Support the interpretation of data trends from large and complex data sets and their expression in visual graphics and clear, concise prose.
- Provide input as needed to ensure the completeness, accuracy, robustness and timely production of all data reports.
- Participate in data analysis and technical writing of weekly, and monthly reports on monitoring and verification results.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of confidentiality for products is maintained.
- Support the preparation of standard operating procedures for data collection and management, as required.
- Contribute to the management of visual content, support overall quality control for the platform and ensure content is up to date.
- Compile, aggregate and support data analysis and information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Support geographic data use in geographic information systems (GIS) as needed.
- Assist the PMER Coordinator and the IM & Data Analysis Senior Officer in the design and curation of online stories and weekly reports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Relevant University Degree in Biostatistics, Computer Science, Demography, Geography, Statistics, Economics or a related field – required
- At least three years in Information Management statistics, analysis, information technology and administration – required
- At least 3 years of experience in managing databases, extraction, compilation verification and dissemination of data – required
- Experience in the RC/RC – preferred
- Familiarity with current tools and software for data processing and visualization – preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Excellent communication skills – required
- Good analytical skills and solution focused person – required
- Strong data literacy, written and oral communication skills – required
- Good knowledge in Data management and visualization software development and operation – preferred
- Good knowledge in Mobile Data Collection (Kobo), Business intelligence tools (Power BI,…) and GIS technologies – preferred
- Highly organized and able to work respecting deadline – required
- Being flexible and with the ability to adjust to changes and new requirements – required
- Fluently spoken and written English and Arabic – required
Competencies and Values
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Creativity and Innovation