The Information Management and Data Analysis Senior Officer is responsible for adapting and maintaining the digital data collection and platform to the needs of the monitoring assignment. The Senior Officer is expected to support the design and implementation of activities mainly related to the TPM project through maintaining and improving the electronic data collection and analysis software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Data Management and Analysis
• Identify the appropriate tools and adopt them to process large amounts of raw data and organize the preparation of data set codebooks for use by support researchers.
• Develop coding frameworks for the analysis of qualitative data and use these frameworks to analyze qualitative data collected by the project.
• Design and implement a suitable and scalable data repository platform. Act as data custodian to manage data repository.
• Contribute and improve the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments, including defining the data and metadata standards for the project.
• Recognize, extract and interpret data trends from large and complex data sets and express those trends in visual graphics and clear, concise prose.
• Provide quality oversight and assurance of data collected by third parties to ensure the completeness, accuracy, robustness and timely production of all data reports.
• Participate in data analysis and technical writing of weekly, and monthly reports on monitoring and verification results.
• Formulate and implement mechanisms to allow the results of monitoring to be input in an effective and timely manner.
• Ensure that the appropriate level of confidentiality for products is maintained.
• Prepare standard operating procedures for the data collection and management, as required.
• Manage visual content on the project’s website, provide overall quality control for the platform and ensure content is current.
• Compile, aggregate and analyze data and information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
• Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS) on platforms including possibly ARC GIS.
• Assist the design and curation of online stories and weekly reports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Relevant University Degree in Biostatistics, Computer Science, Demography, Geography, Statistics, Economics or a related field Experience – Required
- At least five years Information Management statistics, analysis, information technology and administration – Required
- At least 3 years of experience in managing databases, extraction, compilation verification and dissemination of data with advanced working knowledge of GIS software, KOBO and related programming language – Required
- Experience in the RC/RC – Preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI and KoBo Data Toolbox for data processing and visualization – Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Excellent communication skills – Required
- Good analytical skills and solution focused person – Required
- Strong data literacy, written and oral communication skills – Required
- Strong knowledge in Data management and visualization software development and operation – Required
- Highly organized and able to work respecting deadline – Required
- Being flexible and with the ability to adjust to changes and new requirement – Required
- Be exceptionally detail oriented and technically minded – Required
- Fluently spoken and written English and Arabic – Required
- Good command of French – Preferred
Competencies and Values
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust