The Human Resources Senior Officer is responsible for providing specific administrative and technical human resource support to IFRC staff recruited in the Iraq Delegation, in support to the Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) and in accordance with the overall Federation Global HR approach.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
A. Recruitment, Selection & Placement of all national staff
- Lead recruitment, selection, and placement process of staff (job advertisement, interviews and assessment, reference check, selection, job offer and issuance of contract) for nationally recruited staff for IFRC Iraq Delegation.
- Brief staff for start of employment.
B. Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Maintain the HR systems (online) and processes, ensuring they operate economically, efficiently and effectively in support of the business objectives and ensure alignment with International Federation guidelines and policies and compliance with procedures, systems, and processes.
- Support the monthly payroll and the NSSF contributions.
- Collect and validate all attendance sheets.
C. Training and Learning
- Promote and stimulate the use of the IFRC Learning platform among staff.
D. HR Administration
- Facilitate end of contract of employment /requests for extension and appraisals.
- Contribute to the improvement of briefing and debriefing arrangements.
- Execute Time Management of all national staff in Iraq delegation.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely human resources reports.
- Perform additional HR task on request of the line manager.
- Support the HR Regional manager in any other activities.
- Follow the Iraqi labor law in all processes and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
Relevant University Degree – Required
Master’s Degree in human resources management – Preferred
- 3-5 years Human Resources Management – Required
- 3 years of experience in workforce planning, training and developing plans, rewarding systems and labor relations – Required
- 3 years working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country – Preferred
- Experience in the RC/RC – Preferred
- Familiarity with current standards and guidelines for humanitarian emergency response – Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Excellent communication skills – Required
- Good analytical skills and solution focused person – Required
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team – Required
- Excellent stress management skills – Required
- High confidentiality – Required
- Good knowledge of HR Information Systems – Preferred
- Self-supporting in computers (windows, spreadsheets, word-processing, email, etc) – Required
- Fluently spoken and written English and Arabic – Required
- Good command of French – Preferred
Competencies and Values
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust