Supports the GRC Head of Office as well as Project Delegates in all aspects of their work related to GRC finance, admin and logistics in Iraq:
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions in accordance with financial procedures
- Translation and copying of all financial vouchers
- Participates in the day-to-day finance and administration tasks of all GRC’s – IRCS supported projects
- Keeps files up to date at all times and guarantees proper filing of relevant supporting documents for future reference, including audits.
- Ensures respect for financial procedures and guidelines and explains them to “clients” of GRC’s- IRCS supported projects
- carries out field and office work, in particular with regard to procurement, related to implementing and monitoring GRC’s- IRCS supported projects.
- Internally, interacts with IRCS colleagues at the HQ, Branches, and offices level. Also interact with GRC country office team
- Externally, interacts with stakeholders, suppliers/contractors, Banks, NGOs. upon request from their direct supervisor.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Always respects and observes staff regulations and security rules
- Always represents the GRC in a professional manner
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees, IRCS and the GRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The general task of the position holder is to support GRC Head of Office in committing the financial and admin tasks and carrying out assigned tasks independently.
Execution of Financial Procedures
- Knows and applies all the financial procedures (Working Advance, Time report, etc.)
- Ensures respect of procedures at all time
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all financial documents.
Bookkeeping (Mainly Preparation and Data-Entry)
- Translation and filing of vouchers
- Copying GRC project related monthly closing and vouchers
- Tracks the completion of accounting documents including invoice and voucher duly stamped, approved, and signed.
- Respects GRC chart of accounts when entering expenditures, incomes, transfers, etc. under the supervision of the GRC Head of Office
- Bookkeeping of expenditures (specifically those associated with IRCS payments and advances)
- Enter vouchers into IRCS and/or GRC accounting application when requested.
- Support the Manager in Tagging & Tracking of Inventory registry
Monthly Accounting Closure
- Ensures that all vouchers are translated to English as per GRC criteria
- Assist in the timely preparation of all necessary documents for the closing operation (list of signatures and treasury situation)
- Collecting bank statements
- Collecting cash from the bank
Closing the Accounts
- Assist in carrying out a physical check of petty cash
- Incorporating GRC office accounting into Funds Pro (mainly data-entry supervised by F&A Manager)when needed.
- High school diploma, technical education or professional degree in a related field
- 1 – 2 years of work experience in a similar field
- Fluency command of English and Arabic
- Experience working for a Red Cross Red Crescent, NGO, or international organization an asset
- Good computer skills
- Rigorous and trustful person
- Analytical skills
- Computer Proficiency
- Provides logistics and procurement support to GRC operations in accordance with logistics standards, GRC rules, financial procedures and regulations
- Assists in the publishing and opening of tenders, including preparing RFQ/tender set, sourcing suppliers for tender, analysis of offers against requirements, and preparing all files for approvals
- Works with suppliers to plan and implement procurements, including providing required information to requestors while preparing the requisitions and communication with suppliers concerning tenders
- Prepares and/or follows up on any relevant support documents required for field activities, including Logistics Requisitions (LR), Purchase Orders (PO) and Goods Received Notes (GRN)
- Arranges for the warehousing and/or transport of goods in coordination with GRC counterpart into the field
- Researches applicable import-export formalities if and when necessary
- Keeps the accounting application up to date at all times as authorized.As delegated by the GRC Head of OfficeMaintains the basic procurement files and binders, as well as different tracking spreadsheets, and prepares for archivingSound Knowledge of accounting software
General Administration & HR
Assist in the preparation of the accounts and having them signed by the competent person in the respective office.