The Driver will ensure the proper equipping and maintenance of the TPM project vehicle fleet. To be the driver responsible for driving TPM personnel and visitors for official purposes and for conducting various errands on behalf of the TPM Project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Upon request, ensure that all TPM Delegates, TPM staff and visitors to the TPM project are met at the airport or taken to the airport, transported to their offices and residences, driven to their meeting, events, and around the city, and to wait for them as required for official purposes.
- Upon receiving proper security clearances, act as driver on official missions outside the city. This would involve driving in all locations inside Iraq, including potentially more volatile areas and camps. Upon request, transport TPM staff to the Iraqi border and/or to receive TPM staff and visitors from border crossing.
- Ensure proper road safety and regulations are followed, as well as ensuring IFRC rules and regulations are followed, including ensuring that all passengers are wearing their seatbelts and acting in a secure manner.
- Ensure the reporting of any vehicle accidents or security incidents as per Regulations.
- Ensure the prompt delivery and collection of letters, documents and parcels as directed by the Line Manager and perform other official errands as directed by the TPM delegates including the collection of visas and/or customs clearance papers.
- Check daily that all vehicles allotted to the TPM Project are properly equipped. Check that each vehicle contains a first aid kit, a tool set, a torch, a list of emergency numbers and a city map.
- Check daily that all vehicles which belong to (or are in use by) the TPM Project are properly maintained. Check the fuel and oil levels, the water levels in the radiator and batteries, the level of the brake fluid, the lights and indicators, the condition and tension of the fan belt and the tire pressures and tire tread (including spare wheel).
- Report all vehicle defects and any missing items to the Line manager immediately no matter how minor.
- Check logbooks on a daily basis and ensure that recordings are kept up to date. Ensure that all logbooks are collected and handed over to the Administration Office for their review.
- Ensure that all vehicles which allotted to the TPM Project are clean (inside and outside) as needed.
- Ensure that the vehicles are properly parked at the designated areas. Check that all vehicles are parked facing the exit and in a safe manner.
- Keep the service records for each vehicle within the vehicle file.
- Check vehicles upon completion of repairs and services and, if satisfied that the work has been completed, sign goods received note or, if not available, invoice, to signify that work has been satisfactorily completed.
- Ensure that the vehicles are properly equipped, in good order and have all necessary documentation (including at least the logbook, the vehicle registration document, the insurance certificate(s) and any police clearance required) before leaving on any trip outside the city.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- High School degree – required
- O level certificate – required
- Iraqi driving license for at least 5 years – required
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position – required
- Experience in working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement or INGO – required
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Knowledge of vehicles – required
- Knowledge of customs procedures – required
- Knowledge of obtaining visas from Embassies and High Commissions – required
- Knowledge of Baghdad & Kurdistan and main roads in Iraq – required
- Fluently spoken and written English – required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) – required
Competencies and Values
- Flexibility in working hours
- Ability to work under pressure